Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Past The Shoreline

2017's Summer Vacation - lots of new.  Lots of challenges.  Much to write about.

I had never been to Glacier National Park ... it was on the list - people were adamant that it be part of my Montana experience.  Truth be told, I knew Glacier would fit into my enamoured concept of Montana.

It didn't disappoint.

One camping spot at Bowman Lake found me paddling the lake often - there is a completely different story about Lake Bowman - but one afternoon found my camp partners readying for a nap and I headed to the lake to paddle board out... and out... and out... like an hour and a half paddling in one direction.  I wanted to get in between the glaciers and mountains.  I wanted to see what was beyond the panoramic scene from the lake shore.

It was this experience, paddling out so far, seeing the mountains and glaciers - that made me realize the number of people who drove to Lake Bowman - they stood on the shore - took photos and they left.

This thought shook me.

And yet, gave me a great realization...

I was no longer the person who stood upon the shore.

There was/is this whole other world defined by the beauty that was quite prevalent merely from a car/short hike/shoreline.

And yet - and then - there was this beauty that unfolded if you were brave enough to venture further.

I feel brave.

I feel real.

I feel right.

Never do I want to be a shoreline viewer - let the opportunity to venture further always present itself.

More writing to come  -  but I wish you waters that carry you forward, views that put life into perspective and the knowledge that all is tied into one.

More soon....

§ 

No comments: