Monday, September 11, 2017

Best Time to Reflect

Do you know what you do when someone lets you down?

(I just laughed... I have no idea what you do... let me tell you what I do.)

I get really sad.  Sad that I had misplaced trust - because words and actions mean so much to me that I placed trust (precious stone, precious trust) in untrue hands.

Then - 99.7% of the time - I pick myself up, dust myself off... like this...


(Thanks, Tink)

Then I think, think, think... if you were the best you, what would you do next?  You would give that hurt back to the person - not hold onto it - and find a best way to be the best Simone.

Often people ask me - how did you get through it - ... well, I thought I'd best do something productive and improve myself.  Learn something new, create something new, write something new - from the ashes make soap.  Listen to music that makes my pulse beat again -
(Right now - it's "Country Song" by Seether... not what you're expecting from a Simone, eh? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NMxwbn_QoU )

I will not dare let someone touch this light very long where it will dampen.  Enough.

I choose to be better.  I choose to reflect upon the situation as a lesson that will make me better - and trust me - it will.

Carpe Diem, m****** f*****.


Much love to each of you - and I mean it.

No comments: