Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Change The World.... Here's Your Sign

Here's your sign(s):

A young man in his 20s, basketball jersey, tattoos, big sunglasses - dancing outside of his vehicle at a local store and he is lipsynching to a song that I know... thinking to myself, 'this is awesome'... and walking past him to see that he is singing to a toddler in a child-seat in the back seat.

Wow.  THAT was of the Divine.  I couldn't stop smiling or feeling my heart shining.

...

Feeling the me return to me at my work - and walking into a meeting outlining my expectations... and one of my most trusted staff looking at me later saying, "I'm so happy to see you again.  You're back.  Simone is back."

...

Realizing that the General Lee needs its windows back on... and driving home tonight and finding that someone has put the windows on for me...

Breathe, Simone.  Stretch into this love.

...

Making myself vulnerable to expressing the chaos and hurt to a 'qualified' professional who looked at me in slight exasperation and much care to say, "There is nothing wrong with you.  You have every right and every light to feel what you're going through..."

...

A text that had me weeping - not because it was bad... but because someone cared enough to see my cracked state and offer me love...

"A strong person knows they have strength enough for their journey, but a person of strength knows that it is their journey where they will become strong.  I believe you are a person of strength.  I love your spirit and you.  Peace my dear friend."

I was so shaken by this text that I forgot my groceries at the store - went back in blushing at my absent-mindedness.  I wept again that I am not strong enough to hide my hurt and blessed that I am surrounded by the most beautiful souls.

...

There's a lot I can't talk about.  This happens.  It's a work thing, it's a privacy thing, it's a legal thing... but I have had a year of building fortitude.  Recognizing that I am the one who builds up - and I have not fostered that trait - ... I'll work on that ...

...

Being this real and vulnerable in writing - publicly - is not valued as the 'norm'.

Have any of you known me to be any part of any "norm"?  (No.  The answer is no.)

I can write this... I appreciate you.

You.  If you're reading this then there is a right and real reason that you are in my life.  I appreciate every aspect of our interaction and it is of my personality to write about it.

You create my opportunity to grow - and I am forever blessed for that reason.

...

Onward and upward.  We'll keep this dialogue as needed.




No comments: