Monday, October 16, 2017

Lucky One Ponderings

Lucky enough to be front row, center for Willie Nelson and Allison Krauss & Union Station in Missoula... I can't tell you how amazing that experience was...

A song that always resonated with me was "Lucky One" ... makes me ponder what we think the 'lucky one' looks like in our world.


The lucky one:

* Is the family who could have a family - where children were part of family growth and possibility
* The lucky one was the person who was never tied down by the of heartache and triumph of having children
* A soul never knowing either bounds - only their own... wander free and ready for the next wave, boat, tire and tread
* I feel more adept as the "lucky one" in my life... because I leaped.
   Dude - that's not lucky - that's just having blind faith that life will make the world a path I can travel after giving anything I had in my own right.

At this precipice of faith and opportunity,  I typically shy away... (rightfully so - I've had my share of precipices) ... I need the base that rights my Simone ship.

Ms. Krauss is now crooning "Let Me Touch You for Awhile" ...

This 40 something with the miles and miles ahead... is quite the adventurer.

Just be still, Simone.  Be the rocket and the comet - don't chase butterflies.

Be - in the every way possible - real.

And I wish that for you... read this - don't read it - know it - live a "did do" life...

But be you.  Be genuine and let your heart grow into areas you never thought possible.

§

No comments: