Friday, April 6, 2018

Holy Road - Stones - Cassidy A Maze

My travels have me selecting the best keepsakes - I find a stone - a pebble ...
It's not a postcard or mass-market trinket
It's a weathered bit of mineral and time
There are the stones from the Baltic Sea where I danced wildly, with hands aflutter
The white quartz stone from Dailey Lake where that first kiss happened
A heart shaped stone found at my first waterfall - at my first visit to Glacier Park
A sliver of cement history, fear and forgiveness, from the Berlin Wall
Three graduated rounded stones from my adventures at Duck Creek Pass
Amethyst from my favorite shop in Texas, Cassy's, and today it balances a beautifully crafted jade orb
Hand painted stones from a South Korean woman at the local Helena farmer's market - she told me my strong dragon personality would find it's right pairing soon
...
I collect the stones and moss that cross my path and seem to recognize me.
...

Which makes me reflect upon a beautiful song by Lizzie West (Cassidy A. Maze)...

(click the link to play this amazing song)

Holy Road - by Lizzie West - Cassidy A. Maze 

I found I could go no more 
My basket empty 
And before me a thousand colored doors 
So I sat down to plead with a force beyond my reach 
Hey lord can you hear me? 
I been calling your name 
Tell me lord do you fear me? 
My nature remains 
'cuz I am human anyway 

You help me please if I may say 
'cuz I know the stable built by the hands of man 
And I know a small-town boy 
Wants to star in a rock and roll band 
And I know a 10 cent tip on a 22 dollar check. 

And for these few things I know 
These are things that I have been told 
And I still don't  know the walk of a holy road. 
I still don't know the walk of a holy road. 
Hey lord can you hear me? 
I've been begging your name 
Tell me lord, please speak clearly now 
Do I live in vain? 
For I am human anyway 
You help me please, if I may say 
Oh mother, may I? 
And father, may I? 
Tell me teacher, may I? 
You proud preacher, may I? 

Cuz I want to know the walk of a holy road 
I want to know the walk of a holy road ...

Well I know the time for a seed to take 
And I know how high the water rises, 
just before it breaks 
and I know the want of a touch 
from a lover who can't give enough 

and for these few things I know, 
these are the things that I was never told 
and then I wonder - are these the walk of a holy road? 
Are they the lines of trees? 
Are they the hedges, see? 
Are these the signs of a very holy road? 

Hey lord you can hear me, well I spoke your name - 
and lord it comes clear to me now 
I live not in vain 
for though I am human I can pray 
and as I pray I will celebrate 

'cuz I know the soothe of a song when the trap has got me lame 
and I know the chorus of crickets singing out their nightly praise 
and I know the sound of a swelling storm just before it rains. 

These are the stones of a holy road 
and I pick them up and I gather them as I go 
(These are the stones) 
These are the stones of a holy road 
and I pick them up and I gather them as I go 
These are the stones of a holy road 
and I pick them up and I gather them as I go

No comments: