Monday, November 6, 2017

Politically Incorrect with Four Tires. Waylon Jennings.

I am not politically correct.

I also do not purposely invest my time in proving to any person that my point of view or perspective is correct.  Here's the beauty of life - the right and real things are not your or my opinion. 

Hell.  I'm neither political or correct.

Today I was at a store and the man at the counter ( who is used to me visiting the store) said, "Do people give you a hard time about your jeep now that we're all so politically correct?"

Grinning sideways, I responded, "I think some people think about it - then I hop out of the jeep and they don't say one word.  Go figure!"  I told him I'm considering putting a rebel flag on top of the hardtop once it's installed.  (I already have the horn.)

If my jeep insults you - you have so many problems that I can't even solve with discussion.  I would actually classify you as silly - and straight-forward say to you, "Bless your heart, darlin'." 

My jeep is not my statement to the world.  It says nothing about me except I liked the Dukes of Hazzard growing up, I love driving a standard, and I like a vehicle I can tear up on the backroads of Montana.  It says I'm slightly impractical - but I've lived a practical life almost all of my life - give a little here.  It says that I love the color orange - and that Bo was a secret crush of mine.  It says that I don't give a flying flip about comfort or having the newest of new - because in my Simone world - that doesn't matter. 

It doesn't tell you that I believe in the right of choice - or that I boldly support my LGBTQ friends and family.  It doesn't tell you that I believe that guns are the right of the people and I carry - and I have a right to carry - and I like guns.  It doesn't tell you that I care for people to the highest mountain and will step in front of a bus for a stranger - and I'll protect you with my very being if I thought you were in danger.  My jeep doesn't tell you that I pay for the coffee of the person behind me or for the groceries of the person not paying attention in the line.   It doesn't tell you that I was right and real ticked off that a fountain that was put in place in the early 1900s by the Daughters of the Confederacy was removed from a park near my home because someone was suddenly insulted by it.  (Bless your heart.)

Folks, I recommend reading a once well-known writing by George Orwell.  The title is Nineteen Eighty-Four.  

In my not so politically correct way - I will warn you of erasing parts of history that make you uncomfortable.  Do not make the mistake of making your mental/physical/emotional world comfortable as the cost of history or - even - reality.   Invest in reasonable and real conversation about progress - but not at the cost of the future... because I promise, if we continue to erase a past that somehow insults those who never experienced it - we will be doomed to repeat it. 

Or worse.

Let's not get to the 'or worse' part....

Please.

So if you see my jeep - know I'm bouncing around in it - happy - listening to music - likely some Waylon Jennings. (Press Play Below.)

Be ever so happy.  (Just try it.)

§






1 comment:

Unknown said...

My Australian father in law (STEP father in law, actually) is a lovely man of few words. IN this instance he'd agree with a nod, and say, "Faaaaark 'em."