Thursday, May 18, 2017

Just Breathe

The past few weeks.

Lord.

I've felt like this year was going to force me to grow personally and professionally.  I had no idea it might mean a whole other parasitic twin emerging from my being.

::breathe::

Hey - my daughter graduated from college.
My brother Joe gave me the greatest gift that he didn't even know was possible.
My son gave me pardon of weight that I carried so heavily that I could no longer breathe.  He labeled my gift to him as vibrant and said he was proud of me.

::breathe::

I work with the most amazing team in the history of the world. Really. 
And yet, I feel like I'm not doing enough.  I want to do more.  I want to grow them to Titans of their profession and make our mighty Montana even more mighty.
I face the world of doing what's right - or doing what's easy.  Right makes you sleep at night.

::breathe::

To quote Tammy Wynette "D.I.V.O.R.C.E."
Dang it.  I have a terrible batting average.

::breathe::

I am a stranger in a strange land.  Forty. Fierce. Trying to hold the 'it' together.  
"Rut-Roh, Shaggy."  (I actually say that.)
Trying to judge my trajectory but keep my Simoneness.  Trying to break out of the parts of my own self that were stagnant and breathe new life into open possibility.

::breathe::

So - if you pray, I need a few.
If you meditate, I need your energy and love.
If you radiate your light, shine your rays in my direction.

I'm trying.  I am truly trying.

Love to all of you - you crazy, wonderful, odd spirits.

§




No comments: