Sunday, January 1, 2017

"10 Years From Now" - 6 Years Later.

Reading old blogs - seeing photos I posted sometime ago - ... I ran across this old blog:


In October 2010, I wrote my "ten-year" blog.  Let's cover the highlights:

  • In 2020, I will be mom (and step-mom) to 28, 27, 25, and 24 year old children who will not so much be children anymore.  I'll be 44.
  • I'm quite sure I will have traveled east.  I seem to travel west a lot.  I will (hopefully) have finished my book and I will spend much debate on whether anyone will read it. 
  •  I will have that convertible.
  • I may - maybe - might - be a grandma by then and I have decided that I don't want to be called "Grandma" or "Memaw" or "Nana" - I want to be "Bootsie."  Yes - you read that right and if it makes you giggle or 'pshaw' just a little then you get the point.  I like it.  "Bootsie"
  • I am quite sure that I will have traveled to Germany to see my German Cookie and her parents.  Maybe I'll have learned a little bit more German - maybe not. 
  • I will not give one flying flip about the dust.
  • I will paint more.  
  • I'll listen to all of the music that I want, not worrying that someone asks to change the song AND I will attend many more a concert.
It's day one of 2017.  I am 40.  2016 brought me opportunities beyond anything I ever imagined possible.  Standing in front of real (and many) Klimt creations.  Feeling the ache of so many Van Goghs.  Embracing the Alster with sparkles in my eyes - they were tears, but the very best kind.

I'm amazed at the kids - all of them.  They are the biggest reminder of humility and humanity.  They're all just so good.  I'm so proud of them.

I still haven't made it to the Eastern US (did go to Chicago though - the year that they became World Series Champs) - but I sure did make it over the pond to beautiful parts of Europe.  I'll work on the Eastern part of the US over the next four years.

I have a jeep (that counts as a convertible in the summer) - that I drive in National Parks, over mountain passes and through tall trees that embrace me with presence.

THANK YOU, MEREDITH, CHRISTOPHER, AMANDA, ROB and MELANIE for not making me a grandma before I was 40.  But I still like the idea of "Bootsie"

I have traveled to Germany - I have fostered every bit of love possible for this family that never knew we were supposed to be family until a fateful August 2007 day.  I'm going back this year to see Melanie married... and my soul smiles.  (and I know A LITTLE more German)

I don't care about the dust.  I'd rather spend my time learning, reading, walking the lanes of beautiful Helena, Montana... dust is character.

I do paint more - I need to paint more still.  I LISTEN TO ALL THE MUSIC THAT MY HEART DESIRES!  I dance wildly when no one is looking - and sometimes they are looking... and I really don't care if they are....

.... I haven't worked on my "book" since 2010.  For some reason, I just felt like I didn't need to tell the story anymore.  I want to live it.

Ever one to try to sum up the whole - 2017 is my continued effort to foster my simple goal... "... she lived..."

There's no resolution.

Just life.

My wish for you is every moment lived, every possibility to love - and don't forget to pepper your life with every opportunity to create random acts of kindness.  You will change this world.  (It's true.  I promise.)

Much love.
- Simone



No comments: