Monday, April 13, 2015

Accepting Blessings - With A Little Help From My Friends

So - yesterday I fell.  This is not unusual.  I fall.

The doctor saw a fracture in my heel bone and informed me that I broke off the tip of the ankle bone.

This is not the point of this writing...

...

In Texas, should this occur, I would have Athena, Kim, Diane, Rebecca, Becky, the kids, and so many other friends and family close that, should I need something, I know they'd be there.

Falling and breaking something in Montana - what I've found - is a pretty amazing group of friends here.  ... I am so blessed.

Tonight, Jami, a friend I met through work, showed up with roasted chicken, flowers, soup and more... My department pitching in to take care of me while I'm down and out.

I've had so many offers from local Montana friends -  various forms of support - it humbles me.  It makes me less homesick and more appreciative of these great people who have crossed my path and planted themselves in my heart.

I am not very good of asking for help or accepting it - but - really - this day is a reminder that part of living a balanced life is being receptive to and accepting blessings.

...

I have lots of blog topics floating through my mind... lucky for me, I'm going to have the downtime to make those blogs happen.

Love to you.  In my drugged stupor - just crazy good love.

- Simone


No comments: