Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 3 - And I Almost Forgot To Post

Argh!  I've gotten out of the habit of posting blogs - must learn to do this more.

Act of kindness today in reverse and then forwarded.

Both pretty simple.

I walked into the store this morning and bought a cup of coffee.  (Not at Starbucks!)  The guy behind the counter looked at me and said, "Are you headed to work?"  "Yes, yes I am."  "I think I'm going to buy you a cup of coffee today."  "Really?"  "Absolutely."  "Wow!  Thanks!"

...

I was getting my toes done at my nail place today.  The couple that owns the shop work seven days a week - they're always open.  They're always busy.  I come in, see that they're packed, they put me in the spa chair to soak my feet.  I wait and I text.

The husband begins working on my feet when three more women walk in.  They ask for pedicures also.  Now everyone in the shop is busy and you can tell they don't want to leave me because they just started working on me after a 20 minute wait.  I leaned over - tapped him on the hand and said - 'it's okay, go help them... I can wait'

The woman sitting next to me said, "Wow, that was really nice!"  I just shrugged and explained that waiting a little bit wouldn't hurt any of us.

She smiled.

And it's that simple - kindness is that simple. 

And it didn't cost a thing ... and I got free coffee!

Love to everyone.

No comments: