Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 2 - Simple Cup of Coffee

More than likely, I will often blog about buying coffee for someone.  There is something simply wonderful about buying a cup of coffee for someone - a stranger. 

This morning I saw a man run to open the door for an older woman walking into Starbuck's.  It made me smile and I made a mental note to write about it - I find it wonderful when we pay attention to the people around us.  It's so important to relate to people.

I pulled up to the ordering intercom, ordered a triple grande skinny, two pump hazlenut latte and then pull forward.  At the window I asked what the person behind me had ordered.  "A venti skinny hazlenut latte."  I smiled.  I smiled big - "I'd like to pay for their coffee too, please."

And I did - and as I pulled away I hoped that the pebble of coffee drop into the water to cause more ripples of kindness.

Sometimes - it's just the simple moments of kindness.

No comments: